Lead is a dangerous and toxic metal that was used in many different paint products for lots of years before finally being banned in the United States in 1977. In homes built before 1978, it was commonplace for lead-based paint to be used in residential settings. But, is lead paint dangerous?
Yes, lead paint is dangerous! With lead paint, a risk of lead poisoning exists for all the residents of the home. Young children and small children are exceedingly sensitive to exposure to lead and the resulting complications that arise. This makes it even more important to have a lead inspector determine the source of lead paint hazards in your home, such as paint chips, household dust containing lead dust, etc.
If you believe lead may be present in the paint of your home, contact SPS Inspections today to discuss your options for a “lead paint inspection near me.” We are here to help, so please, do not hesitate to call if you believe you and your family to be at risk of exposure to lead paint.